Summer Internship for “Family Pictures USA” TV Series
Academy member and award-winning filmmaker & artist Thomas Allen Harris is looking for new team members to join his internship program! You will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of professional filmmakers and artists on one to one basis.
The internship’s main focus is Family Pictures USA, a traveling television series & transmedia project that explores neighborhoods & cities through the lens of the family photo album – offering a ‘people’s history’ of underrepresented communities. Hosted by Mr. Harris, this public television series enlarges our understanding of history, our diversity, and our shared values.
Our interns will get hands-on training with the opportunity to grow and seek mentorship and guidance from members of the production team regarding their personal/professional goals. You will also receive college credit and/or a letter of recommendation assuming satisfactory completion of the internship.
- Assist in creating and searching for content for social media channels including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Schedule content on all of our social media platforms
- Coordinate with the show’s host and director to build his social media presence
- Develop online media campaigns relevant to events associated with our company/tv show – Depending on your interest you may be asked to develop blog content for our website
- Create graphics as needed
- Assist in relevant research
We are looking for Interns who can commit 3-4 days a week minimum, 8 hours a day, between the hours of 11:00 am-6:00 pm, on a weekly schedule to be arranged with some flexibility. We are not open on weekends.
This internship will currently be done remotely.
**Though we are accepting applicants looking to complete a Summer internship, preference will be given to applicants able to start with us ASAP. So please be sure to note your availability prominently in your materials**
We do not require extensive experience from our Interns, but please let us know in your cover letter and resume of any qualifications or interest you have in these areas:
- Film Editing and Adobe Creative Suite Proficiency is a plus!
- Good written communication and proofreading skills!
- Historical/archival research
- Social media for films, organizations; marketing
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated interest in the related subject matter
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, relevant links to past work, and your availability for the duration of the internship to email@example.com.